Content creation is essential if you want to drive more business to your website. By creating, publishing, and promoting custom content for marketing purposes on a regular basis, you’ll attract more visitors your way.
Every day more and more people are using search engines like Google, Bing, YouTube as well as social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Snapchat to search for content and socialise on the web. If you have a great content marketing strategy, you will tempt more and more of these people to visit your website instead of those of your competitors. Follow our content creation tips to get the very best out of the content you generate.
But first of all, here’s how it works…
So you have a website for custom made cakes – to get you more business, you create content about custom cake making – this content can be informative infographics, well-written articles, interesting videos, blogs, or even pictures.
It has to be unique and interesting to grab people’s attention.
It has to be search engine optimised to rank high in search engines.
Because your content is search engine optimised, with proper search tags and focused keywords, people find your website with tons of interesting content when looking for information on custom made cakes.
After you update your website with regular quality content, your visitors keep coming back and they stay longer.
- This helps you build more subscribers for your brand.
- People share your content on social media with others and you get more visitors to your site.
- This will result in more traffic, higher link popularity, and hire search engine ranks
- This will result in increased conversion rates and more business for you.
So if you’re looking to increase traffic to your website, social engagement, page-views and generate more revenue for your business, follow our content creation tips below.
Our Top 10 Content Creation Tips
- Make it interesting. Content created solely to improve your website ranking – nicely optimised with relevant keywords and images perfected with alt text – is all well and good. But if the article title and metadescription don’t have a bit oomph, no-one is likely to click on the link. And if your title is simply fabulous, but the main content frankly a bore, people won’t read it and will drift off elsewhere.
- Volume of content. Bear in mind it’s important to hit an ideal level of content. The best videos to share are somewhere between 45 seconds and 2 minutes. Written blogs must be over 300 words or they won’t rank in the search results. Longer blogs (over 1000 words) can really help drive organic traffic to your site – the search engines have far more clues about what your content is about, and hence the article is likely to rank better than a short article. But be warned, if your writing skills aren’t amazing, a shorter article might be best. Read this great article about how long should a blog post be.
- Search Engine Optimisation. If you have a website built on WordPress, use a plugin like SEO Yoast in order to fine tune your content around the focus keyword you’ve chosen. This post explains everything about using Yoast in WordPress – simply, logically and effectively.
- Repurpose your content. AKA recycling your content. No this isn’t a cheat; it’s a valuable tactic to use your content to the max. You may have created a great article that has become out of date – update it so it’s relevant again, and repost. Perhaps you’ve written a great blog in the “How To xyz” format; rewrite in the negative – “How Not To xyz” – you’ll potentially reach a different audience with this different angle on things. If you created a great informative Powerpoint presentation for a client, could it be repurposed as a slideshow to share on social media? Think laterally and you will discover many ways to recycle content you have created.
- Get more from your content – If you shoot a video and host it on YouTube, you should also transcribe it within YouTube and then to use the transcription as a blog within your website – two pieces of content for the price of one 🙂
- Use the medium that suits you best. Some of us are great at writing but horrendous in front of camera. Some of us are great in front of camera but can’t write a word to save ourselves. Use the medium that works best for you and get the most from it.
- Outsource your content creation. It’s best to get a mix of content from written work, video, images and so on. If you’re not particularly great at a specific type, it’s easy to outsource and get it done for you.
- Content type. Research the type of content your customers and potential customers are looking for. Don’t just take for granted that you already know what they are looking for. Easy way to find out – ask a few existing customers what they would read, watch or listen to, or use Google keyword planner which can give you insight into the kinds of things people are searching for in your industry niche.
- Share you content through various channels. If you’ve written a great blog post, don’t wait for people to find it during their internet searches. Deliver it directly to you fans and followers on Facebook and Twitter. Compile your most recent blogs into an informative enewsletter and send out to your subscribers.
- Be consistent. Many people / companies start content creation and stop again very quickly for a variety of reasons – this includes life and business and what they perceive as more important tasks taking priority. It’s important when you start creating content that you have a plan to keep it going. Should you feel you can’t commit the required time to it yourself, or if your staff don’t have the time, get it outsourced to someone you trust that can create content in the style that works for your brand.
Content creation is an essential part of a company’s digital marketing strategy. By following our top 10 content creation tips, you’ll be well on the way to creating content that is relevant, informative, interesting and most importantly, drives more traffic to your website.
If you are interested in our content creation service, just drop us an email for a no-obligation chat.
Recommended By Many
YOU CAN FIND US HERE
Tel.: 0844 846 2808
Calle Yunquera 45
29100, Coin, Malaga
Tel.: 623 042 100
Send Us An Email