Resources to Help Your Business!
We try to share as much information and advice as possible.
We love to link to other great companies who provide great service or products which will benefit your business.
Have a browse below, you may find exactly what you are looking for.
- Blue Host: FREE Domain & access to my 20 wordpress tutorial videos
- Hosting.co.uk:UK based premium web hosting and domain registration service
- Hostgator:USA based premium web hosting and domain registration service
- Templatemonster:USA based premium Themes Selling Company
- Crazy domains:Australian based premium web hosting and domain registration service
Custom Audio Specialists
- Music Radio Creative is your one stop shop for all your audio needs. Podcast audio branding, audio for video, commercial productions and custom music themes.
- Carbonite: For a small amount per month, you will have Carbonite automatically back up everything you do, real time, and in the cloud. Computer crash? Want to migrate computers? Simply press one button and everything is seamlessly downloaded on your computer.
- Dropbox: Keep your work safe – Dropbox protects your work, and lets your team get to their files from any computer, phone, or tablet.
- FreshBooks: A fast way to invoice clients, track time & run your small business in the cloud.
- Crunch: Online accounting for small businesses, contractors & freelancers
- Quickbooks Intuit: Track your sales and expenses, get paid faster, and even run payroll with it.
- Kashflow: Accounting software for small business owners.
Website and Blogging
- The THESIS Theme: Thesis Theme gives you a huge variety of tools to customize your site exactly to your liking. You will get faster page load times, maximized optimization, and point-and-click design, and font controls.
- Optimize Press: If you are building a membership site, this is hands down the best Theme to pair with Wishlist member, the best membership site platform.
- Podcasting A to Z:**Use discount code “DUMAS” for $150 off!** If you have ANY desire to start a podcast, this course is your bible as Cliff Ravenscraft the Podcast Answerman will take you to the promise land and have you producing high quality podcasts in the time you can say A to Z
Product Distribution & Shopping Carts
- E-Junkie: If you are looking for a shopping cart and/or buy now buttons in order to sell downloads and tangible goods on your website, look no further. E-Junkie has a simple interface, integrates well with PayPal, and has a great support staff.
- ClickBank: The Internet’s leading retailer of digital products. Whether you’re looking to sell, promote, or shop for digital goods, ClickBank will allow you to do so quickly and effectively.
- Paypal: Paypal is a must to accept payments through the above shopping carts.
Capturing Video and Screencasts
- Camtasia for Mac – Another option for screen captures. Camtasia is a good option because of the great tutorials.
- Camtasia for PC (Camtasia Studio) – Same as above…for PC.
- Learn Camtasia – This is a great place to learn all you need to know about Camtasia. Real professionals, very educationalvideos.
- Google Analytics: Google’s free website tracking and analytical tool. A must have for anyone with any type of website.
- Clicky: Clicky is just like Google Analytics, except it’s easier to use, and you can view how many people are on your site (and what they are doing) in real time! Your first site is free.
Advertising / Pay Per Click
- Google Adsense: Make money by placing relevant ads on your website that are generated from advertisers using Google Adwords. This is free to use, but you have to register for an account.
- Google Adwords: If you want to begin advertising on Google, you can select keywords and locations and you pay each time someone clicks on your advertisement.
- Legalzoom: Easy online incorporation or LLC creation.
Books – Written and Audible
- Influence by Robert B. Cialdini: You’ll learn the six universal principles, how to use them to become a skilled persuader—and how to defend yourself against them. Perfect for people in all walks of life, the principles of Influence will move you toward profound personal change and act as a driving force for your success.
- 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss: Whether your dream is escaping the rat race, experiencing high-end world travel, earning a monthly five-figure income with zero management, or just living more and working less, The 4-Hour Workweek is the blueprint.
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by T. Harv. Eker: Have you ever wondered why some people seem to get rich easily, while others are destined for a life of financial struggle? Is the difference found in their education, intelligence, skills, timing, work habits, contacts, luck, or their choice of jobs, businesses, or investments? The shocking answer is: None of the above!
- AudibleBooks: Get your first audio book for FREE today. Go to Audiobooks.com/Fire
Images and Photos
- The Ultimate Guide to Finding and Using Images on Your Blog: This is a post I wrote with everything you need to know about using images on your website. You can’t just pull any ol’ image from the internet and use it – you could get in trouble! Read this to stay safe and worry free.
- iStockPhoto: This is where I purchase royalty-free images that I use on my sites.
- ShutterStock: This is where I purchase royalty-free images that I use on my sites.
- Flickr Creative Commons: This is where you can get free images for your website, but there are some rules that go along with it. Read the post in the first image & photo resource above to make sure you know how it all works.
Email Subscriptions and Marketing
- Aweber: The internet’s most powerful email opt-in service and email marketing/broadcasting tool. This is what I use to build my email list and newsletter. For a free step-by-step tutorial, check out The Beginner’s Guide to Starting a Newsletter.
- Mailchimp: Create, send, and track email newsletters.
- iContact: Email Marketing Services with iContact allows your company to create, send, and track your messages with ease and efficiency. They have every tool you need to create an auto-responder sequence, do broadcast emails, and create opt-in forms. Simply put, a must have.
- Sucuri: My websites are my business…and my livelihood! I don’t want any intruders, so I pay a yearly fee to make sure that if anyone tampers with my sites, it’ll be taken care of right away, with alerts/notifications letting me know what’s up. Sucuri is definitely great for peace of mind, if anything.
- Limit Login Attempts (WordPress Plugin): Install this plugin to limit the number of times someone can attempt to login to your WordPress admin panel before getting blocked. This helps to stop those who keep trying to break in by logging into your website with different passwords (and there are tools to help speedup this process).
- OptinMonster: Want more email subscribers? This may be for you.
- LeadPages: An easy way to create landing pages, launch pages, sales pages, and other conversion pages for your website. Incredible tutorials & support makes LeadPages the total package.
- Libsyn.com: Host and publish podcasts.
- ScreenFlow: (for Mac users) – Screen capture software. Makes it very easy to create high-quality software demos, tutorials, app previews, training, presentations and more.
- PRWeb: Press release distribution helps you create buzz, increase online visibility, and drive website traffic. Learn how to send your first release today.
Disclosure: Some of the above links are affiliate links. There is no additional cost to you, and Blinkered will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. We recommend these companies because we believe they have great products you may want to check out. Please only purchase these products if you feel the same.